Reporting directly to the CEO and Vice President of Finance and Operations, adeptly execute, coordinate, and manage technical and office administrative responsibilities to support the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the Vice President of Finance and Operations. Proficiently handle a range of intricate office duties with precision and efficiency.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED)
· Perform a wide variety of executive administrative duties as required by daily operations of the general office, and for the CEO.
· Coordinate office activities and schedules.
· Receive and distribute incoming mail for the Vice President of Finance and Operations.
· Receive and screen communications to the CEO including e-mail messages, and provide assistance using independent judgment to determine those requiring priority attention; prioritize, channel, and facilitate communication through the CEO’s office.
· Screen and organize as requested communications to the Vice President of Finance and Operations including e-mail messages, and provide assistance using independent judgment to determine those requiring priority attention.
· Independently respond to and draft letters, emails and general correspondence of a routine nature.
· Create charts, graphs, spreadsheets, memos, reports and presentations; prepare and submit expense reports and other administrative duties as required.
· Maintain appointment schedules and calendars for the CEO, run errands, make travel arrangements; arrange meetings, conference calls, agency wide events and conferences for the CEO.
· Provide support for meetings by preparing agendas, summaries and handouts; order refreshments or food and book meeting locations.
· Attend Staff, Legislative, Board and other meetings and take minutes as directed by the CEO / Vice President of Finance and Operations.
· Work independently or with a special team on special projects.
· Coordinate and manage special events as requested.
· Maintain strong and positive relationships with members and external stakeholders.
· Research and document background materials for projects as requested by Vice President of Finance and Operations.
· Provide support to Policy Staff as directed by Vice President of Finance and Operations.
SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
· Highly self-motivated and able to work independently.
· Committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in personal practice and policy matters.
· Exceptional organizational skills, ability to analyze and synthesize information efficiently and thoroughly.
· Excellent writing skills with demonstrated experience conveying key messages clearly, timely and succinctly.
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Personable and engaging, responsive to member inquiries and concerns.
· Proficient with minute-taking and transcription
· Excellent written language skills and experience with composition of correspondence
· Outstanding organizational skills and ability to anticipate office needs
· Ability to manage changing priorities and be responsive to the needs of the CEO and VP of Finance and Operations.
· Excellent computer and Internet skills, intermediate to advanced skill with MS applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point). Computer experience within a network environment and Internet experience
· Proficiency with word processing, data base and spread sheet software as measured by skills assessment test
· Expertise in managing complex travel and calendar arrangements
· Must be extremely flexible as this position may require an extended workday, including late evenings and weekends
· Valid California driver’s license, a clear driving record and personal vehicle insurance coverage
· Ability to juggle multiple projects and timelines, and prioritize tasks independently.
· Must have reliable means of transportation
· Must have secure internet accessibility and connection
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
· College degree or equivalent experience is preferred
· Three to Five (3-5) Years previous progressively responsible experience as administrative assistant, preferably executive administrative support activities is preferred